Yesterday took off to an ominous start. I was heading off to work and decided I should double check the chickens because Mitchell had been down to water them. Lucky I did, because he left the gate unlocked and the water was already spilled out. Sooooo, as I am trying to sneak in, 3 chickens snuck out! After getting the water refilled, it took almost 10 minutes to chase the stubborn chickens back into the pen. So I continue on to work. 500 feet up the road I have to stop for a rafter of turkeys in the road... like 30 of them! After a brief wait I continued on my way, again. By Zeitz' farm 2 large birds swooped down at my car--close enough that I ducked! Then, when at the stop sign, large flocks of birds practiced their flight patterns and formations overhead. CREEPY! I wondered if I should have just turned around right then.
I carried on with the day. When I returned home, I sat down on the big swing with Ken while we waited for the kids to come home in the Grammy-mobile. As we sat there, a hummingbird approached us and hovered very close to my head.
I think I had the last laugh.... we had eggs for dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment