Sunday, August 2, 2009

Alumni Football


Last night was the big night for Ken and the Mesick Bulldogs. The now annual alumni football game took place in Mesick. Ken (#58) played much of the game, made some great tackles, and even got double-teamed on several plays.
While the final score wasn't in our favor, the night was fun for everyone (I think even for Ken). Mitchell ran around playing the whole time. After a few injuries while playing Mitchell, Owen sat down and actually watched a lot of the game, yelling "Go Daddy!" many times. He was devastated that he did not actually get to go out on the field and play football WITH Daddy. Thanks to Coach Jurik, an extra football was found after the game; the already tired-out Daddy played catch with the boys, complete with chasing them down and Daddy being tackled by both of them. It made their night!

A very proud Owen.

Papa Denny and Owen watching the action.

2 comments:

Amy Hallowell said...

Hello Rogers Crew!
Kate, thanks for the photos and the updates! I was curious about Ken's football practice and where your garden was planted. Be careful! There may be more children hidden in the zuke patch! The squash is looking very happy and vigorous! Lucy Jane is getting very big! Yikes! Mitchell of course looks taller in every photo!
I hope we can see you all soon!
Amy :)

K Bachelor said...

Kate,
Amy has graciously sent me the link to your blog, so I have been following 'the Rogers crew' watching the kids grow up! My email is starznmoongirl@comcast.net.
they are soooo cute!!!!
thanks
Kimberly Bachelor (I used to be Neville)