Friday, April 3, 2009

M - I - C - K - E - Y

WOW! What a week. We had a great week in Florida; who wouldn't love temps above 30? We did make it to the Magic Kingdom on Tuesday. It started off well (except for the sunscreen-in-Owen's-eyes incident); we have never parked so close!

We had "leftover" tickets from our very first visit to Disney world (I think in '86) that still had value on them... we redeemed them--I was using my original ticket, as were Ruthie and "Grammy". A nice sentimental start to the day. We also waited to ride the monorail in the very front with the driver. That was a big hit to the boys. If you ask them, they would both say that the monorail ride was their favorite part! It was completed with their very own monorail co-pilot license (Ruthie and I waited 20+ years for them! haha)

Lucy and Ken met us later, and we all had fun enjoying different attractions. The race cars were big, likewise the merry-go-round. We of course took in Its a Small World, much to Lucy and Owen's delight. The afternoon Parade was a nice cap to the day.

A few days later we enjoyed breakfast with the characters at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary. YAY! The kids just sat in awe of their friends. Lucy just stared at Minnie, and Owen grinned from ear to ear. Mitchell scrambled to get their autographs.




















There were many happy memories remembered and made. I think that we carried on the tradition in fine form. I think Papa Frank would be proud.

There are LOADS of great pictures, so I will post more another night.

No comments: