Friday, January 2, 2009

Striking in the New Year

We have had much news here in the last few days. Mitchell turned 6 (can you believe it?!?!?!) on New Year's Eve, AND Owen has pooped in the potty twice!!!!! I am sure someday Owen will be thoroughly embarrassed that I am posting news of his potty training progress online, but I think that might mean I am doing my job. ;)
To celebrate, we took the kids bowling on New Year's Eve. It was big fun. Lucy enjoyed soaking in the local culture while she watched us bowl.
























With the snow Ken is working many hours at Caberfae. However, he is working with an injury. A few weeks ago he was frolicking about at work and managed to fall and crack a rib. This has made for some distinct pain when coughing, sneezing, stretching, being tackled by children, or elbowed by Miss Lucy. Hopefully he'll also manage to heal a bit day by day.






Lucy's big news is that she is signing more regularly now. She will sign "more" on her own, and when prompted she will sign "please". She is also now saying words for: dog, woof woof, da da, what's that, num nums, tree, door, and chair. She loves stealing food and sippy cups from her brothers. She is frequently seen clutching one or more of her stuffed monkeys as received over the holidays.

No comments: