A lot has happened since my last post, and most of you who view the blog know the news has not been good. On Thursday, December 20th, my dad passed away peacefully. He was surrounded by family. And though we were blessed with time to say goodbyes, there is never enough time in the world to say all the things you want to. My dad was an amazing person, one who will be dearly missed by many.
Dad--I hope that I can start each morning with a song, about anything at all.... because we all know that even if your kids groan, it helps them start their day off on the right foot. And that every time I push the kids on the swings, we need to sing "I've been workin' on the railroad"....That's just the way it has to be.
I hope that I always remember to honk my horn to keep the pink elephants out of the way.
I hope that I can "Calvin-ize" to your standards.
I hope that I can show my children that I am their #1 fan, their supporter, their cheering squad--even if it means they roll their eyes at me, or that I get kicked out of the stands because the refs don't like what I have to say.
I hope that I can show my kids the importance of an education, that you should always get an education while you can. Knowledge is something no one can take away from you.
I hope that I have the ability to travel with my family, to show them different places in this world, and to enjoy those differences.
I hope that I can enjoy my friends, my family, and my home to the fullest, and let them know how important they are to me--we have far too many blessings in life to let them get taken for granted.
You were an incredible parent, grandparent, and role model. I hope that if for one hour, or one minute of each day, I can be more like you.
No comments:
Post a Comment