Ken's grounds-keeping crew is a little short-staffed this summer, so I agreed to come in a few days a week to help mow. Today was my first day. The boss gave me a quick tour of what I needed to mow and turned me loose on the course. Now, here's where I tell you that I am riding a mower with a 6-foot deck, rear-wheel steering, AND NO BRAKES. What?!?!?
Throughout the day I encountered a torrential downpour (I'll let you build the picture, but yes, it involved me on a mower and no cover in sight), managed to lock my keys in my car (it's a talent, I know), and had the mower drop a reel while the boss was troubleshooting the key issue. Ahhh.....well, that being said.... I did mow.... and mow... and mow all day. There are a few million blades of grass that stand a bit shorter today because of me and that mower. Now, will Ken still be happy that he asked me to "help" out??? That is the question.
No comments:
Post a Comment