Ken had an early day today. He left the house by 6:15am.. I rolled out of bed slowly; I was scared to look in the mirror this morning. I thought there was a realistic chance of seeing a full head of grey hair on my head. Thankfully, I am still a brunette.
I packed the kids up for daycare and school: Lucy sporting some nice bruises on the bridge of her nose to offset her pretty smile; Owen, who was (and still is) giggling with the process of putting on and taking off his shirts with a cast on his arm; and Mitchell, who was just grateful to have been allowed to eat breakfast (I might have been a little nervous about feeding him anything).
School flew by-- very helpful coworkers were checking in on all of the Rogers, and the kids managed to survive the day without injury (I can safely say this as they have been asleep now for over an hour). Owen was giddy to spend recess times in the office with his casted arm, saying "I know where Mr. Akom's office is, Mom. It's right across from where you get your mail!" He also tried to, and successfully began unraveling the ace-wrap bandage that currently attempts to protect his arm. Thankfully, I know a thing or two about wrapping injuries. Mitchell humored his mother's demands to check his skin after he ate lunch, and took meds without protest. Lucy squealed happily when I came to pick her up.
There was a very interesting moment in my day, however, that began with a phone call. The person on the other end of the line introduced herself, and then continued by saying, "This will be a very strange phone call for you." As it turns out, she uses the same company to print out her blog posts that I do. When she received her shipment today, her husband started looking through her books, saying, "these are great, hon, but who is the Rogers family?". She looks, calls the company, who tells her just to pitch them. That I would call them saying that I didn't receive the shipment. She wasn't satisfied with that, but little information was in the book that would help contact me. It was a post about Dad that helped her find me, and then where I worked, and then a phone number for the school. She offered to send the books to me, saying she hoped that someone would do the same for her if it happened that way. So thank you, Tara from New Hampshire, for being a genuinely good person, and taking more than just a few extra minutes to do a good deed for a stranger.



1 comment:
So glad something wonderful happened to offset all the difficulties of the week. Hang in there , Kate.
Post a Comment