Monday, December 27, 2010

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

K8erific.  Awesomesauce.  Both words could be used to describe the major event of the day.  SLEDDING!!!  Or perhaps we should call it the Rogers' Luge Track.


Aunt Ruthie and Grammy came over to take part.  I am quite sure some snow speed records were broken, or at least some sort of record for farthest sled into the cornfield.  It was spectacular, especially once we took the turn 1 out of the track.  Lucy and Mitchell did a great job toting their own sleds back up the hill and walking up without complaint.  Owen, well.... he ate a lot of snow (much of it was voluntary).
 


Sisters trying to relive McGuire's sledding days.






Ken with a wipe out due to hot-dogging it.




When we came back in we thought it best to warm ourselves up with some physical activity of the Wii variety.  I must say that in the early going, each kiddo has their own specialty.  Note to all you out there, never sword-fight against Lucy.  She will own you.

2 comments:

scarves said...

Welcome back. Wonderful photos, wonderful story. So glad you could be there. RRRR
Scarves Scarves

The Great Aunt Amy said...

I may need to get some snow pants so I can come sledding too! This looked like so much fun!