This year we stayed in Boon for Thanksgiving and had the Rogers side of the family joined us. I made sure the Naperville Baleikos were represented at the table by making Aunt Mary's cranberry-raspberry relish. I also made my first pumpkin pie (yay! It turned out and it was very yummy!). The rest was up to the chef. Ken lived up to his standards and put on quite a spread. It was amazing.
I found particular joy in realizing that the kid table lives on, and is a logistical necessity when feeding that many people. I also loved the fact that the cousins were playing downstairs and had infinite amounts of fun.... very much like when the Baleiko cousins played downstairs at Naperville. Good times. Good times....
I won't be able to take a walk around the subdivision with you tonight--cousins, but while you're out walking, move a couch into the road for me. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment