
Today was glorious; It was one of those beautifully sunny, breezy, warm fall days. We spent lots of time outside this afternoon. Daddy and Papa Denny hauled wood under the close supervision of Owen and Mitchell. Lucy and I checked out the pumpkins, then helped finish up wood work. We did carve a few pumpkins--no, wait, check that--I carved two pumpkins. Mitchell helped scoop guts out of one itty bitty thing, Owen protested the texture of it all, and Lucy just wanted me to put the guts on her scooper without her actually putting her hand in the pumpkin. After like 2 eyes were carved, they all ditched me and the pumpkins for a trip on the tractor to get more wood. I have never heard of such a thing! Kids, not wanting to carve pumpkins!

After the wood was done, the boys did frolic (aka wrestle around like dogs) in the leaves. Lucy liked to carry handfuls of leaves around and throw them in the air.
No comments:
Post a Comment